Author Topic: 2011 Election  (Read 9414 times)

Offline FLW1938

Re: 2011 Election
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »
I was wrong about Tommy Lewis. He is still running for supervisor. I do have a card for Jim Caldwell for Sheriff. He is passing them out.

Offline 4Walls

• The Good Guys
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
I was wrong about Tommy Lewis. He is still running for supervisor. I do have a card for Jim Caldwell for Sheriff. He is passing them out.

Does he apologize for being Kookindoll's lackey or for being a captive of the Tea Baggers?
President Obama stood up to evil and stayed strong for America. A hundred years from now school children will read of Obama's courage in facing down the rep/con terrorists.

Offline FLW1938

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »
I haven't seen a list of people that have qualified recently. It does appear that most every elected official has an opponent with the exception of Chancery,  Circuit Clerk, & Tax Assessor.

With two supervisors not running for reelection & one with a serious challenger & still time for more to qualify, it should be an interesting summer as far as politics...

Offline 4Walls

• The Good Guys
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
I haven't seen a list of people that have qualified recently. It does appear that most every elected official has an opponent with the exception of Chancery,  Circuit Clerk, & Tax Assessor.

With two supervisors not running for reelection & one with a serious challenger & still time for more to qualify, it should be an interesting summer as far as politics...

Where can I see everyone who has filed papers to run in DeSoto County so far?
President Obama stood up to evil and stayed strong for America. A hundred years from now school children will read of Obama's courage in facing down the rep/con terrorists.

Offline FLW1938

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »
I am not sure where online. I will have Dale to give me the list on Tuesday.
A few I remember.
Harvey Lee is running against Tommy Lewis
John Caldwell's wife & A G Baddock are running for Allen Latimore's old position
Some guy by the name Cogwell, Cogeston...something like that is against Joey Treadway
Of course, Rasco & Baker are in the Aug Primary & Pollard & Riley have qualified as Independents for Nov.
Can not remember who is running for Gene Thatch's old position
Charlie Hoots running for Justice Court Judge against Lantrip if the redistricting doesn't change things.

When I get the list I will post it

Offline 4Walls

• The Good Guys
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
When I get the list I will post it

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Maybe some of them will come on here and aswer questions like Jason Motz, Pollar, Rasco and others have done from time to time.

Offline FLW1938

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
Link to Who's Running in August

http://www.mississippi.whosrunning4office.com/

Offline FLW1938

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »
If I remember correctly the political signs can be put up 90 days before the election. I am not certain of that, but if so we should see a lot of Aug. 2 candidate signs go up over the week end.

What are everyones thoughts on signs ? I would think FaceBook,&  web sites would mostly make signs less important. I have seldom had a sign in my yard & in the past it was rare to see a sign on our street/cove.

I still believe that most people in the county, especially those 50 & over want to actually see the person they are voting for, although with the increased population it will be more difficult.

Offline 4Walls

• The Good Guys
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »
If I remember correctly the political signs can be put up 90 days before the election. I am not certain of that, but if so we should see a lot of Aug. 2 candidate signs go up over the week end.

What are everyones thoughts on signs ? I would think FaceBook,&  web sites would mostly make signs less important. I have seldom had a sign in my yard & in the past it was rare to see a sign on our street/cove.

I still believe that most people in the county, especially those 50 & over want to actually see the person they are voting for, although with the increased population it will be more difficult.

I don't think you're ever going to get away from yard signs. With the rise of social media and websites it may become more and more important to younger voters but they're the least likely to vote anyway and you have to have something to drive someone to a website or a Faceybook page. I've seen signs, billboards, newspaper ads, etc and then gone and tried to check out a candidate or their positions.

I'm with you though, I think most of the regular voters want to see and meet their candidates. It's not just here either. I can show you lots of places all over the country where "meet and greets" are very important. Look at the Neshoba County Fair. 

Ronnie Pollard

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »

I don't think you're ever going to get away from yard signs. With the rise of social media and websites it may become more and more important to younger voters but they're the least likely to vote anyway and you have to have something to drive someone to a website or a Faceybook page. I've seen signs, billboards, newspaper ads, etc and then gone and tried to check out a candidate or their positions.

I'm with you though, I think most of the regular voters want to see and meet their candidates. It's not just here either. I can show you lots of places all over the country where "meet and greets" are very important. Look at the Neshoba County Fair. 

I agree with you both. I assure you I will be around to ask for your vote in person. I am going to do everything I can to get in front of every voter. You are important to me. The social media is important but not as important as shacking your hand asking for your vote.

Offline 4Walls

• The Good Guys
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »
Charlie Hoots running for Justice Court Judge against Lantrip if the redistricting doesn't change things.

I was over at the "mall" in Southaven today and saw a pick up truck decked out in Re-elect Billy Lantrip signs. I went over there to say hello but there was no one there.

Lantrip is ok. I've appeared before him a couple of times on civil matters with clients and he seems fair to everybody. I did get a kick out of watching him set bond for the substitute high school teacher who got caught diddling some his students. Lantrip told him if he got out on bond he had to behave himself. I remember chuckling to myself thinking "how much more trouble could he get into?"

Offline desotodad

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2011, 07:24:08 AM »
Isnt he the one that was almost crying to the board of supes about his district being realigned?

Offline 4Walls

• The Good Guys
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
Isnt he the one that was almost crying to the board of supes about his district being realigned?

Not sure. I thought that was the guy in District 3 on the Supes?